Saturday, January 29, 2011

Video Game Party

My son’s birthday is this weekend and turning 9 he wanted a video game party.  He decided to have it at a local pizza place…I jumped for joy at this, no house to clean...uhh, I mean shove stuff in closets, right!  Anyways, I came up with some goodie cups and decorations, but kept them in budget with being a little creative!
My son’s favorite video games are Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Bros. so I started looking for items to go with this theme right after Christmas.  I was able to score on some after Christmas deals:  red cups, chocolate coal pieces (they look like Donkey Kong bombs), and green clips.  I then added in napkins ordered from www.birthdayexpress.com , and bought the rest of the items at The Dollar Tree.  I recommend always checking your local dollar stores before anywhere else when putting a party together.  If you can find items in your theme there, you will always get a better deal.  The only splurge I had for this party was the Donkey Kong napkins that I ordered; they don’t carry them anywhere else!
Below are the cups I came up with and the items I included in them that went with the theme.  I downloaded free Donkey Kong and Plumber Bros. fonts to make the name tags for the cups!  The party was a huge success and fun for all!


1 comment:

  1. Tracy - how awesome you are!! :-)
    Both my boys would think this is really cool too!

    ReplyDelete