Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ham and Bean Soup

I love my Crockpot!  You only have to spend 15-20 minutes in the morning and you come home to a house that smells wonderful and a home cooked meal at the end of your day.
I had the leftover remains of a spiral ham from before Christmas in my freezer and needed the space.  So after reading through a handful of recipes I made up my own ham and bean soup recipe.  It actually turned out good (which is suprising my sister, I am notorious for changing ingredients), so good in fact that my husband went back for thirds!
Ham and Bean Soup
2 cups chopped ham from left over spiral
2 cans white beans (undrained)
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
½ onion finely chopped (I used my Cuisinart chopper)
8-10 baby carrots finely chopped (also used chopper)
2 tablespoons 21 Season Salute (spice at Trader Joes)
1 bay leaf
Prep all chopping and cutting, dump it all in pot, turn on low for 6-8 hours and wa la, you have a healthy home cooked meal!

2 comments: