Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Try Something New

I love crafts!  Actually Arts and Crafts are my love!  There isn’t a craft I won’t try, at least once, and it is fun to see what new things I can make or create.  I have wanted to learn how to crochet for a while now and decided that since yarn was on sale, it was the time to start!
I checked out some books from our local library on how to crochet, bought myself some yarn, and hooks.  I was ready.  Read through the books and started with a basic chain.  Then I ventured on and did some single crochet stitches.  With practice it is fun and easy to create small projects.
Everything is all about technology these days and you can find a “how to” on Utube on anything, seriously, once I found a Utube on how to slice a mango…they really have everything on the net!  I also found a great show on the Create channel called Knit and Crochet now.  It was very helpful to see someone crochet and hold the yarn.  They have some great projects to try also.
Have you tried anything new this year?  A recipe, craft, new exercise, sport, book, etc., try something new, it is fun!

1 comment:

  1. I have to catch up on your posts, friend!
    I used to crochet with my grandma - I still have a collection of items (including apparel) that she made for me. :-)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete