Saturday, February 26, 2011

Crash My House

Woke up this morning to a very wet outside view which made for a great morning!  No Soccerfest for Colby, cancelled due to overly wet fields.  We didn’t have anywhere we had to head out the door to so I cuddled up on the couch with the cat and turned on HGTV.
The show House Crashers was on.  I don’t know if you have ever seen this show, but a host scours home improvement stores asking people if he can go home with them and help them with home improvement projects.  Most people look at him like he is crazy and walk away…but there is always one family that says, “Ok, come home with us”.  The best part is that he then brings the whole HGTV crew over and they re-do a part of their house…total awesome, right?!
When I turned that on this morning, I quickly pulled both of my kids in and showed them the host.  I then said, “If we are ever in Lowes or Home Depot and you see this guy run quick and tell me so he can come home with us and re-do our kitchen”.  My son was all for it; after I promised he would get to swing the sledge hammer and demolish our kitchen cabinets.  My daughter wasn’t too interested, so we will have to have a refresher course on spotting the host.
I already have my kitchen re-designed (in my head) so it would be very easy for HGTV to do…maybe I need to spend a little more time in those stores in the future, anything is possible, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Tracy! :-)
    it made me laugh, espcially you "coaching" your two on spotting the host!

    ReplyDelete