Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bling Bling

My daughter wants everything totally blinged out!  She believes everything should have glitter and rhinestones.  She doesn’t get this from me, but her Nana likes everything sparkly…it must be genetic!  We went shopping for some new shoes and due to her very narrow feet, anything with sparkle was too wide and she walked right out of.  My daughter was very sad and hung her head as all the other girls in the Target shoe department walked out with sparkle flats that fit.
We finally found a pair with a strap across the top that stayed on her feet.  Oh, NO, there was not one ounce of sparkle on these shoes…so all my art degree skills kicked in and I figured for a couple of bucks I could bling them myself.
I pulled out my Michael’s craft coupon and bought up some rhinestones for $2.50…enough to do a dozen pairs of shoes.  At home I uncovered my hot glue gun and started adding sparkle to her shoes (found out that Professional Welder glue from the home improvement store works better).  It took me less than 5 minutes a pair to add the rhinestones!
As you can see from the picture it worked, she is happy, and they do hold up to kindergarten activities (notice the wood chip in her shoe, tried and true).  Don’t spend a bunch for blinged out stuff when with a couple of dollars you can do it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment