Thursday, June 16, 2011

Barbie Party

I know I haven’t blogged in a while, but that end of school year stuff had me running all over!  I was spending part of almost every day volunteering at school in one way or another.  I love all the end of school year fun, so I had to volunteer so I could be involved and take pictures!  Enough of that, here is the good stuff:
My daughter turned six on May 26th so we had a very fun Barbie party!  My good friend Sunny gave me the idea of decorating with books for holidays and events.  I always have loved walking into her house to see how she has used her children’s books to decorate that month.  So creative!  Of course I stole her idea for my daughter’s party and pulled out every Barbie book I had…then pulled out all of her (and mine) Barbie toys and paraphernalia.  What a fun way to decorate, and I didn’t spend any money on the decorations!
After a trip to the dollar store for paper goods, balloons, and party favors, I was ready!  Oh, did I mention the Barbie cake I made that takes a normal adult 2 hours and took me 7 hours to complete?  It was worth it, and if my daughter (or son) ever wants one again I will be able to do it much faster! Ha, Ha!  We all had a great girly time!




No comments:

Post a Comment